Thursday, June 4, 2009

FINALLY!!!

As most of you know, I have been looking for a teaching job for a couple months now. As I went through college, my professors all said, "don't worry-- you'll definitely have a job by the time you graduate."

Uh, wrong.

My casual job search quickly turned into a panic as I looked and looked for jobs and found out that not only were many districts not hiring, but some were even letting teachers go. I checked the postings daily (or more), traveled to at least 15 schools to try to get my foot in the door, and ended up going through 7 interviews.

And now...

I HAVE A JOB!!!

Yesterday I got a surprise phone call from a principal who had interviewed me about a month ago. She ended up having a position suddenly open up, and remembered how fabulous I was. (Well, who could forget???) She offered me the job, and after a hectic couple of hours trying to figure out my life, I said YES!

I am going to be at Oak Hollow Elementary teaching... 6th grade. I know.

I am so excited to be over the interviewing process, and I'm hoping that the stress of starting my career won't happen for a couple weeks, so I can just enjoy this for a while. :)


5 comments:

janderson said...

Jess, that is so awesome, especially considering the state of things!! We are so happy for you! Draper will be a great area to work in, and so close to home! Hooray!

Spencer Blythe Anderson, MBA said...

Way to go!!! We are so happy for you!

FHS 05 said...

HIP HIP HOORAAAYYY!!! Oh man I am so happy for you!! I have an interview on Tuesday for a 6th grade position, so cross your fingers and maybe we can be 6th grade teaching buddies! I think it's only fitting, since we helped each other survive Level 3 and student teaching--how could we NOT help each other survive the real thing??

:)

Jenn said...

Yay! That is so exciting. You have a REAL JOB! Congratulations :)

Andrus Family said...

Yes, I am the proud Mom of a 6th grade teacher. I'm also the Mom of a 6th grader. How strange and cool at the same time! I love you, Jessica! Congratulations on making it happen...finishing college and now onto a grown-up job. You are AMAZING! (And I'm not prejudice, I'm sure!)